You can use the 'Cadimage Cabinet End Panel' to close the end of a run of cabinets where there might not be space for a normal drawer or door unit.
In this article we show you how to create an end panel similar to the one shown below (this one has been placed next to a standard Cabinet):
To create an end panel:
1. Create a new Cadimage Cabinet
2. Choose 'Cadimage Cabinet End Panel' from the ARCHICAD Library area on the left of the dialogue (see '1' below):
3. From the top of the Cabinet End Panel panel, choose Base Unit (see '2' above)
4. Click the End Panel Options button (see '3' above)
You will now see the following four panel options:
5. Choose the Bullnose Shelves option
6. You can also see a variety of options for setting the dimensions of your end panel. Enter the following dimensions for your Panel Dimensions (see '1' below):
- Length(A) = 300mm / Depth(B) = 600mm / Height(C) = 900mm
- Radius(D) = 200mm
7. Click the drop-down below the image (see '2' above) and choose Against Wall
TIP: Here you can change the panel to be placed against a wall or free-standing
8. Click on the page menu button, and choose Walls
9. Set the End Wall Thickness(A) = 20mm / Back Wall Thickness(B) = 20mm
Configure the Shelves
To configure the shelves of our end panel:
1. Go to the Shelves page
2. Set the Shelf Thickness(see '1' below) to 20mm. This will match the Wall Thickness.
3. Set the Number of Shelves to 2 (see '2' above), and then enter the dimensions for the Setout as shown (in '3' above), or modify to suit your own needs.
Configure the Base & Plinth
The Base & Plinth settings allow you to individually set the Base Shelf, the Plinth and the Toe Space for the End Panel. Each item can be switched 'On' or 'Off' using the tick box, and if switched 'On', a Dimension can be set.
1. Go to the Base & Plinth page
2. Ensure the Base Shelf item is ticked (see '1' below), and enter a dimension of 20 (see '2' below)
3. Turn the Plinth option On (see '3' above), and enter 100 and 20 as the dimensions for your plinth (see '4' above)
7. Set the Toe Space to 70mm (see '5' above), or choose your own dimension to match your other cabinets.
Configure the Counter
Your Cadimage Cabinet End Panel counter can be configured so that it matches your other placed cabinets. To do this:
1. Go to the Counter page. Here you can control the Thickness and Offsets from front and sides, and choose the Nosing Profile
3. Changing to the Counter Nosings page will allow you to set the thickness (A)
Configure the Display Options
You can modify the way your cabinet is displayed in your model and plan views - for more information see our Article: How to configure Cabinet Display Options