To open the Keynotes palette in ARCHICAD, go to Cadimage> Keynotes> Keynotes Palette.
When you open the palette, you will notice that it is divided into 3 sections, shown in the graphic below:
- The top section displays the Database of keynotes (empty) and some management functions
- The middle section is where Keynote Editing is carried out
- The Label Contents section is used when placing and editing Keynotes.
You can hide the Keynote Editing or Label Contents areas at any time by using the twirl-down arrow.
Different sources will be identified as follows:
- The content is stored in the project (no link to an external source). This is populated by importing a file or creating notes directly using the " Create a new note" button
- The content is linked to an online source (currently only Masterspec & for NZ)
- The content is linked to an external file. This is populated by linking to an external file.
The icon buttons in the top panel carry out the following functions:
Search for keynotes matching the entered text
Create a new note (Refer here on Creating Keynotes)
Delete the selected note(s)
Audit all keynote labels
Manage notes (display the modal Keynote Manager dialog for import/export etc)
Update all linked keynotes (Masterspec or external file)
The icons in the lower panel carry out the following functions:
Add the selected note(s) to the current label
Remove the selected note(s) from the current label
Hide the selected note(s) in the current label (switches to to show)
A toggle switch for sorting notes in the current label
The icons under the Label Contents panel only appear when Live edit is unchecked:
Add the selected note(s) to all selected labels
Remove the selected note(s) from all selected labels
Get all the notes from all selected labels
Set the notes in all selected labels
Categories and keynotes