Before you start please ensure you have:
- ARCHICAD [Version] Installed,
- Cadimage Installer Installed Step 1 - Install the Ci Installer
- MyCi (https://myci.centralinnovation.com) login details,
- Internet Connection,
- You are logged in as the Admin user of your computer.
The Ci Installer manages the installation and updates of the Ci Tools.
There are 3 options in the installer:
- Install Ci Tools,
- Create and Offline Install File,
- and Reset Installation Settings.
For now, we will be using the first option, but details on how others work can be found here: Getting to know the Ci Installer
There are also 2 options for the installation type - Commercial/Trial, or Educational. The actual use of the installer once you've chosen one of these is the same, so just make sure you choose the option you require here before proceeding.
Let's get started:
1. Close ARCHICAD if it’s running and Open the Ci Installer from your Start Menu (Windows), or Applications folder (Mac).
2. Select “Install Ci Tools” For “Commercial/Trial use”, enter your MyCi credentials, and then press the Install button. (please note this is not your Graphisoft ID log in)
3. You will then see a list of the Tools that you can install. Along the top of the window are options to view the tools that you own (My Tools), updates for tools you have installed already (Updates), and tools that you can install 30-day trial versions of (Trial).
To the right of those buttons, you will see an option to choose which version of ARCHICAD to install to - Archicad versions 18 and newer are supported.
If the drop-down is blank, Click ‘Find’ and select the ARCHICAD [version] folder for the ARCHICAD you wish to install the Ci Tools for.
To start installing tools, simply click the Install button to the right of the tool you want in the list, or hit the Install All button at the top left corner of the list to install all the listed tools.
4. A small progress bar will appear next to the Install button to show the installation progress, and then once done, will change to an Uninstall button.
5. Once you've installed everything you need, Exit the installer by clicking the Close button & Restart ARCHICAD
|TIP: Ensure you install the ‘Work Environment’ and ‘Ci Update’ add-ons as these help your Tools run smoothly
NOTE: The Ci Installer will check for Tool updates whenever you run it, and will also update itself if there is a new version available.